The Cardiology department at Ahalia Hospital, Hamdan is a state of the art department offering services in management for all kinds of diseases relating to the heart and circulatory system. Furthermore, all subspecialties in cardiology including paediatric cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, heart failure, and cardiac rehabilitation services are provided. 24-hour primary angioplasty services make it stand apart from other hospitals in the area. Immediate attention is given to patients complaining of chest pain and they are triaged. Diagnostic procedures like transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, treadmill exercise testing ( TMT), dobutamine stress echocardiography, Holter recording, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring , coronary angiography, peripheral angiography, CT coronary angiography and cardiac CT imaging are performed on a daily basis. Therapeutic procedures like coronary angioplasty, peripheral angioplasty, device closure of congenital defect of heart and temporary and permanent pacemaker implantations are available.
SCOPE OF CARE
The scope of services at Cardiology department includes information on the different care services that offered and how these services are provided to numerous patients every day.
SCOPE OF CARE INCLUDE
- A team of experienced cardiologists offering consultation to pediatric and adult problems
- A well – equipped ICCU with invasive and non-invasive monitoring, ventilators, bedside temporary pacing and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) facilities
- Diagnostic procedures
- Computerized ECG, TMT and 24 Hrs Holter recorder with Event recorders
- Echocardiogram with color Doppler and TEE
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography
- 24 hours Ambulatory Blood Pressure monitoring.
- State of the art Cath lab with best precision low radiation facility where in all interventional therapies are possible.
- Transradial and transfemoral diagnostic coronary angiography
- Peripheral angiography with digital subtraction facility
- Right and left diagnostic cardiac catheterization and aortography
- Cardiac CT with CT coronary and peripheral angiography
- Therapeutic procedures:
- Round the clock Primary angioplasty
- Trasradial coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Device closure of congenital cardiac defects like ASD, PDA or VSD
- Nonsurgical treatment of valvular heart diseases like mitral, pulmonary and aortic valvotomy
- Peripheral angioplasty for peripheral arterial diseases
The department is manned by qualified heath authority of Abu Dhabi licensed Cardiologists who provide care round the clock.
Dr.M N Krishnan | MBBS, MD,DM, FRCP, FACC, FESC, FSCAI, FCSI | Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Dr.Nithin P G | MBBS, MD,DM | Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
Dr.Maria Lourdes | MD, Diplomate in General Pediatrics and Diplomate in Cardiology- Specialist in Pediatrics Cardiologist.
Dr. Nair Anishkumar P.K Venugopalan | MBBS, MD, DM (Cardiology)