The department of Gastroenterology at Ahalia Hospital takes care of medical management of diseases that affect the digestive tract and liver. The department concentrates on the diagnosis and medical management of diseases involving the esophagus, stomach, small intestine and large intestine, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas and we provides prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all types of digestives conditions. Our Best trained Gastroenterologists provide a complete range of outpatient and endoscopy services to treat all aspects of gastroenterology, hepatology and pancreato-biliary diseases etc. our Gastroenterology department is complimented by our state-of-the-art endoscopy suite where various diagnostic and procedures are performed by our highly qualified Gastroenterologists.
Through an extensive evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and liver disorders, we provide patients with the most up-to-date medical care. We are proud to be a caring and empathic team of healthcare professionals who treat patients with compassion, dignity and respect.
SCOPE OF CARE
- General, gastroenterology & GI disorders
- Foreign body removal.
- EUS – Endoscopic ultrasonography:
- CT scan / Ultrasound
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Hydrogen Breath Test
- Urea Breath Test
- Endoscopic variceal ligation(EVL)
- Endoscopic thermal coagulation
- Fructose breath testing
- capsule endoscopy
- Lactose intolerance assessment
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography
- Consultation offered for dyspepsia, heartburn and all abdominal disorders
- Pancreatic function assessment
- Special Clinics for Jaundice and Liver problems
The Gastroenterology department consists of dedicated, competent, and skilled team which provides accurate medical evaluation; state-of-the-art endoscopy suites assisted with high-end technology; giving significance to patient safety
Dr.Ayyappan G Pillai | MBBS, MD, DM (Gastroenterologist)
Dr.Bilal Ul Rehman | MBBs,MD,DM (Gastroenterologist)