The Department of Psychiatry at Ahalia Hospital has a dedicated team of well-qualified and expert doctors who are ready to work closely with the patient and family to ensure an optimal level of recovery for a wide range of psychiatric disorders and behavioral problems in patients of all ages, from children and adolescents to older adults. The experience of our doctors coupled with genuine concern for patients results in a comfortable and confidential therapeutic environment which focuses on recovery, building self esteem and improving quality of life, thereby ensuring an overall personal development.
At our Department of Psychiatry, we believe each individual is unique and hence all treatments are tailor-made to provide due respect for their socio-cultural values and beliefs. Each session with our therapists is designed to maintain complete privacy and confidentiality, while at the same time providing a comprehensive psychiatric assessment so as to help the patient to select the best treatment option and thereby enable him to lead a happy, healthy and stress-free life.
Scope of Care:
The comprehensive range of management strategies for various conditions includes:
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Interview Examination
- Pharmacologic Management with Medicines
- Psychotherapy including Cognitive, Behavioral, Supportive Therapy.
- Individual, Family, Marital and Couples Counseling
- Training in Life Skills, Anger Management, Time Management, increasing Self-Confidence, Memory and Coping Skills.
The various Psychiatric Disorders and Behavioral problems for which our psychiatrists may be consulted include:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Sleep Disorders
- Marital and Relationship Problems
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD)
- Mania and Bipolar Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions including Internet and Mobile Addictions
- Psychotic Disorders including Schizophrenia
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Memory problems including Dementia
Children and Adolescents may also seek help from our child-friendly psychiatry team for:
- Behavioral Problems including Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder
- Attention and Concentration Problems including ADHD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Exam Anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Mobile, Internet or other Addictions
- Intellectual Disability and Learning Disorders
- Enuresis and Encopresis
Our team of expert doctors includes:
Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh | MBBS, MD(Psychiatry), DNB(Psychiatry), MRCPsych(London)