Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery at Ahalia Hospital has achieved high standards of excellence in both General and Laparoscopic surgery (Includes cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Hernia repair, fundoplication, Urogenital surgeries, other Gastrointestinal surgery, breast & thyroid surgeries for benign and malignant lesions. The Laparoscopic or Minimal Access Surgery facility ensures smaller scars that provide rapid healing and reduced hospital stay.
There are two well-equipped operation theatres, pre and postoperative wards for male and female patients and Intensive Care Units. The Department is backed with outstanding facilities for Upper and Lower Gastro-intestinal Endoscopy units (for examination of the oesophagus, stomach, duodenum and large intestines). Non-Operative treatments of Hemorrhoids (Piles) such as Infrared coagulation and banding facilities are also available on an Outpatient basis.
Our General Surgery department consists of highly qualified and experienced consultants, alongside a dedicated nursing and allied health professional team.
Scope of Care:
- Surgery for Gallstones (Open/ Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Surgery for Groin Hernia (Open/ Laparoscopic TAPP: Transabdominal pre-peritoneal repair, TEP: Total extraperitoneal repair)
- Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Surgery for Incisional / Ventral Hernia Repair(Open/ Laparoscopic)
- Treatment of diseases of the GI tract including anorectal conditions and Pilonidal disease
- Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux and Dysphagia (Fundoplication, Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy)
- Surgery for Enlarged lymph nodes, Appendicitis, Tonsillectomy, Thyroid swellings (Goitre) and other neck swellings
- Surgery for Piles (MIPH: Minimally Invasive procedure for haemorrhoids, Stapled haemorrhoidopexy)
- Colorectal & Abdominal surgery
- Surgery for Appendicitis (Open/ Laparoscopic Appendectomy)
- Surgery for Fistula (Fistulectomy, LIFT: Ligation of intersphincteric fistulous tract)
- Surgery for Cysts/ Lumps (Lipoma, Fibroma, Sebaceous cyst, etc)
- Surgery for Solid organs (Open/ Laparoscopic Splenectomy, Adrenalectomy)
- Surgery for malignant and Benign conditions of the Liver
- Surgery for Malignant and Benign conditions of the Small Bowel and Large Bowel (Right and Left Hemicolectomy, APR and Anterior Resection)
- Outpatient procedure, Wound dressing, wound suturing.
- Minor surgery for toenails, simple and complex skin lesion removals.