Dr. Abhilash Haridas
: Specialist Gastroenterology
: MBBS, MD, DM,ESEGH(UK),MRCP(UK)
: MALAYALAM, HINDI, ENGLISH
: 10 years
Dr. Abhilash Haridas joined Ahalia Hospital, Musaffah as a specialist in Gastroenterology in September 2022. He has been working in the specialty for the last 10 years in Kerala State of India. He is an alumnus of the prestigious institution of Government Medical College, Trivandrum.
He has experience working in different academic institutions wherein he has furthered his skills and helped postgraduate and undergraduate academics also. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians UK and has obtained the European specialty certificate in Gastroenterology and hepatology.
General Gastroenterology – Practice of digestive health care using the latest diagnostic science, medical therapies, and interventional endoscopy.
Hepatology and Liver Transplantation-Diseases of liver and liver transplantation for end-stage liver disease.
Advanced Endoscopy -Interventional GI endoscopy including ERCP and EUS.
IBD Care – Inflammatory bowel disease diagnosis and management
Diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- Ultrasound-guided procedures including FNA, Cyst aspiration, and Liver abscess drainage
- Liver Biopsy, Diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy (OGD)
- Capsule endoscopy, Hemostatic procedures including variceal banding (EVL), sclerotherapy, Cyanoacrylate
- Glue injection, Hemoclip application, Hemospray, and injection therapy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Colonoscopy, Polypectomy procedures
- Endoloop application for big polyps, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Argon plasma coagulation, Manometry
- Stricture dilatations-esophageal, enteric, colonic, and biliary
- Endoscopic Stenting (SEMS placement) in various strictures and cancers
- Achalasia Dilatation with Pneumatic balloon, PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) placement
- Foreign body removal, Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP
- ERCP-biliary stone removal, ERCP- biliary stricture dilatations, and stent placement
- ERCP- pancreatic stone removal and stenting, EUS
Achievements, Memberships, Awards
- First Prize for oral presentation in API MP chapter India
- Life member Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association
- Alumni Member Medical College Thiruvananthapuram India
- Member American society for Gastrointestinal endoscopy (ASGE)
- Member of Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Part of the team to do the first liver transplantation in Pariyaram Medical College Hospital, Kannur Kerala India.
- Pioneered ERCP in the prestigious institution of Sree Gokulam Medical College Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Part of the liver transplantation team in the Sree Gokulam GG Hospital, Kerala, India.
Community Medicine undergraduate research project was selected for implementation in Problem Solving for Better Health workshop, October 1999 conducted by Dreyfus Health Foundation, New York, and Health Action by People, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
MD Dissertation “Assessment of endothelial dysfunction in diabetes mellitus by color Doppler” received the best research paper award at the Association of Physicians of India – M.P Chapter September 2007.
The DM research study “Duplex Doppler ultrasound of hepatic artery in severe alcoholic hepatitis and correlation with Maddrey’s discriminant function” was presented in INASL and published in Annals of Gastroenterology 2015.