: Specialist Endocrinologist
: MBBS. MD General Medicine, DM Endocrinology
: English, Malayalam, Hindi, Kannada
: 13 years
Dr Justin has 9 years of experience as a Physician and 3 years in the field of Endocrinology and Diabetes. He is an expert in handling complex endocrine problems ranging from Pituitary disorders, Metabolic Bone disorders, and Thyroid, Adrenal and Gonadal problems.
Having completed his medical degree from Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolenchery, and Dr Justin pursued his Master in Internal Medicine at A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, and Karnataka. Later on, he pursued super-Speciality training in Endocrinology and Diabetes from Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru Karnataka.
Dr Justin worked for one year as a Consultant Endocrinologist at Bangalore Baptist Hospital. Thereafter he joined Thiruvalla Medical Mission Hospitalwhere he developed the Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit.In line with his academic interest, he also was part of the faculty at theBelievers Church Medical College.
Dr Justin has to his credit publications in National journals and has authored chapters in textbooks. He has enhanced his knowledge by attending Endocrine CMEs and Conferences. He was the organizing Secretary for the Endocon 2022 held at Thiruvalla, Kerala, India.
Areas of Interest
- Thyroid Disorders
- Decreased growth in children
- Osteoporosis (Decreased strength of bones)
- Disorders of other Endocrine glands
- Adrenal, Pituitary & Parathyroid glands
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Worked in Ananthapuri Hospitals and Research Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India Feb 2015 to May 2015, as Senior Registrar in Endocrinology & Medicine.
- Worked at Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bengaluru, and Karnataka, India as Senior Registrar in Internal Medicine from October 2015 to July 2016.
- Worked at Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bengaluru, and Karnataka, India as Consultant Endocrinologist from September 2019 till August 2020.
- Worked at Thiruvalla Medical Mission Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India as Consultant Endocrinologist and Head of Department from October 2020 till January 2023.
- Worked at Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla, and Kerala, India as Assistant Professor of Endocrinology from September 2021 till January 2023.
- Works at Ahalia Hospital, Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, and UAE as Specialist Endocrinologist from March 2023.
- B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kerala, India
- MD General Medicine(Doctor of Medicine)
A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- DM Endocrinology (Doctorate of Medicine)
Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Endocrine Society of India
- Professional Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (PACE), Kerala.
- Karnataka Endocrine Society
- RSSDI (Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India) Life membership
- ITS (Indian Thyroid Society) Life membership.
- MD thesis on “Evaluation of Serum Uric acid levels in Essential Hypertensive”.
- DM thesis on “Serum CCL 18 in women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease”.
- Co-investigator for the ITRN study
- Was part of insulin clamp studies for data collection for insulin pump development in association with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Reviewer for BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care.
- “Justin Easow Sam, Nissy Justin Sam, Ganesh HK. Maben EVS Prevalence of dyslipidemia in patients undergoing general health checkup Intl J Biol Med Res. 2014;5(3):4305-4308
- Sam J, Dharmalingam M. Osteogenesis imperfecta, Indian J Endocrinol Metab 2017; 21(6): 903.
- Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam. Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism-Controversies Clarified Journal of Internal Medicine. Research, Reviews, Report(2018); 6(2): 44-51
- Dharmalingam M, Sam JE. Zinc and Glycemic Control. Indian J Endocr Metab 2019;23:173-4
- Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam Hypoglycemia Prone Patients page 191 -195 RSSDI’s insulin monograph 2018, Jaypee Publications
- Sam JE, Suryanarayana KM, Dharmalingam M, Kalra P, Selvan C. Serum CCL 18 levels in women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome. Indian J Endocr Metab 2020; 24:280-5.
- Justin Easow Sam, Pramila Kalra, Myxodema Coma, Page, Approach to Clinical Endocrinology through selected cases 2022, Jaypee Brothers.
- Won best paper award in Karnataka API Conference (KAPICON) 2013.
- Received RSSDI grant for DM Thesis “ Serum CCL 18 in women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease”
- Received best review article award for “Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism-Controversies clarified Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam. Journal of Internal Medicine. Research, Reviews, Report (2018); 6(2): 44-51” at KAPICON 2019.
- Best outgoing Resident for the year 2018-19 from the Department of Endocrinology, Ramaiah Medical College
- Won 3rd place at RSSDI 2019 for oral presentation on Serum CCL 18 Levels in women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome.