Dr. Priya Pathat Karunakaran is our Specialist ENT working in Ahalia Hospital, Mussafa. Being the specialist Consultant in ENT, Dr Priya Pathat Karunakaran has been practising medicine for more than 26 years which include 18 years ENT experience. Dr.Priya obtained her medical degree MBBS from BLDEA’s Shri M Patil Medical college and MS (ENT) from Rajaj Muthia Medical College.
In 2006, she moved to UAE to take the position of an ENT Specialist at a private hospital and continued to work as an ENT specialist in a major private hospital in UAE. She is well versed with all the major modalities of ENT and her area of interest includes Nasal Allergy (trained in Germany and Spain), Snoring (USA), Micro Ear Surgeries, Nasal Surgery, Rhinoplasty, Turbinate Cauterization, Snoring evaluation, Speech Screening and Foreign Body Removal – Nose, Ear, Throat
- MBBS – BLDEA’s Shri B. M. Patil Medical College and Hospital, Bijapur, India (1994)
- DLO – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India (2002)
- MS (ENT) – Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India (2005)
Certification and Training
- Special training in Allergy Management, Spain (2014)
- Special training in Sleep Studies of Snoring, USA (2010)
- Special training in Allergy Management, Germany (2008)
- Specialist ENT –Ahalia Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE (since 2019)
- Specialist ENT – Universal Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2016-2019)
- Specialist ENT – Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai, UAE (2006 – 2016)
- Assistant Professor ENT – Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute,Pondicherry, India
- Specialist ENT- Government Medical College, Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Resident ENT – Head and Neck Oncology, Amritha Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala, India
- General ENT
- Allergic Diseases
- Micro Ear Surgeries
- Ear Perforation Closure (Tympanoplasty)
- Nasal Surgery
- Chronic Sinusitis (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery or FESS)
- Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- Turbinate Cauterization
- Snoring evaluation
- Blocked Ear
- Ear wax removal
- Tympanometry for Eustachian Tube Dysnfunction
- Epistaxis (Nose bleed)
- Foreign Body Removal – Nose, Ear, Throat
- Hearing Loss
- Balance Test
- Speech Screening
OP Days and Timings
- Mon09:30 A.M to 4:30 P. M.
- Tue09:30 A.M to 4:30 P. M.
- Wed09:30 A.M to 4:30 P. M.
- Thu09:30 A.M to 4:30 P. M.
- Fri09:30 A.M to 4:30 P. M.
- Sat09:30 A.M to 3:30 P. M.